Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fox!

I can't help myself - I know in Australia foxes are a big problem for our native animals and farmers, but there's just something so, I don't know, whimsical about foxes - their sweeping tails, their quirky faces, their bright eyes, their vibrant characters...

So I couldn't help it, I just had to design a chirpy fox stencil!


I have been thinking lately, there are so many nice sewing patterns for girls, and so few appealing patterns for boys... I found this a great pattern on Etsy that was just screaming out for a stencil on the front, and so the two ideas merged...


 This little jacket is still unfinished - awaiting buttons, sewing the teal sleeve edging, and a good ironing!


I have created this top for a trade with a friend on Ravelry, but while I was at it I printed a few more so I can  keep sewing fox tops, maybe even a couple for the AppleSpice shop grand opening!



No comments:

Post a Comment